Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Blues with Joe Murphy- Windsor, NS

 What it looks like rolling out of NewBrunswick. Rain. Empty roads. Trucks full of logs. Dead bear on the side of the road...

High gas prices today. I don't know what's going on, but I'm going into higher priced Nova Scotia with a full tank. As I cut across rural Nova Scotia I see gas posted for $1.47.3. That's pretty scary in the context of driving 25 thousand km. And recently I've heard talk here in the Maritimes that a $20 ticket is too much. One theatre has insisted on $10 tics AND a cut of the box office. Damn... that's not much more than a beer and a tip in a bar. My share will buy a couple of litres of gas. It's a good thing I don't smoke...

Windsor, Nova Scotia is the Spitfire Arms and a much anticipated date with Maritime legend, Joe Murphy. We played together a little bit last year and had fun, so we thought we'd need to do it again.

The venue is way better than I had remembered! Joe and I play two relaxed, fun sets, for a listening crowd. If I can pry Joe away from Halifax for a few weeks next year... Serious blues from a guy who can do it all. I'm just very grateful to have had the opportunity to share one night of this Tour with him! Thanks, Joe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment